Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vanilla Ice Predicts Flame-Out of Justin Bieber

Vanilla Ice (real name Robert Van Winkle) is a man who has been to the top of the music world, only to become a national joke 15 minutes later.

His message to Justin Bieber: You're next!

Ice is warning the Bieb to enjoy his success while he can because his fame will be fleeting, and sustaining this kind of success is impossible.

Vanilla, who produced the first hip-hop single to top the Billboard charts, tells the Huffington Post, "I mean, I did 'Ice Ice Baby' when I was 16."

"So, yeah, I can kind of relate a bit. Sold over 100 million records. I had a weekend that lasted about three years, and I didn't know who I was."

"What's my purpose in life? So my prediction about Bieber is that he's going to go through one of those weekends that lasts a few years."

"He's had such success as a child act. But soon something else new will come along and he'll be forgotten," Ice laments, adding, "he can try to put all the pieces back together, so it's going to be entertaining to watch."

As is his custom, Ice is a bit confused about his own biography for one. "Ice Ice Baby" became a hit in 1990, when he was 23 years old.

Secondly, Vanilla Ice is the epitome of a flash in the pan, a one-hit wonder, a gimmick with no real substance. Is Justin Bieber the same?

We suspect his 11 million Twitter fans think not.

Source is http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/07/vanilla-ice-predicts-flame-out-of-justin-bieber/

No comments:

Post a Comment